Dimboola station. This great photo was taken by my son Craig

Sunday, 28 September 2014

Layout work weekend

A fine weekend brought about some work on one of my corner modules. The reason for this was, that the weekend before, this was the position where one my X class locomotives took a tumble. The new scenic area in the above photo use to be open. The lad had placed a sheet of paper over the track, the plan for his basket ball ring. Unknown to me, I was testing the new wiring under DCC power, and the lead loco, a X class ran up, onto the unseen piece of paper, and landed on the floor. Luckily, apart from some cracks in the cab, the only other thing was the drive train came apart. A quick dis-assemble, and all the bits were clicked back together.
The left hand side is plaster bandage over flywire, while the right, I tried card board lattice with Chux wipe cloth, hot glued into place, then plaster bandage. I then cover the area with Woodland Scenic fine earth scatter, then a sprinkle of burnt grass over the top. After this, 2mm long static grass was applied.

I also started work on the next section, adding in both upper and lower levels, where, hopefully in the future, the up and down spiral tracks return to the main modules.

No comments:

Post a Comment